If I was looking for something to bring my wow mojo back the announcement of the new expansion was just what I needed. Warlords of Draenor looks really interesting both from a lore perspective as well as the changes to the game that were announced. But I have to say I find the name a bit difficult to shorten; WoD just sounds, to my ears anyway, dumb regardless of whether you sound out the letters or say WoD as a word. Cata, MoP, Wrath all worked when shortened but WoD… really? Maybe Lords will stick or something.
But the changes that look pretty good so far are definitely the changes to the inventory. Being able to craft from your bank is something I’ve wanted to see for ages and finally it’s coming. Having a separate inventory for quest items will also be nice especially if I don’t want to hand in quests straight away, I can’t count the amount of times I’ve deleted quest items from my bags because I was out of room and then had to go back and do the quest again.
A free level 90, omg what do I want? I could finally get a rogue without actually having to level one, but that means I’d have a lvl 90 rogue with no idea how to play it. Or I could put my favourite class on a server with friends so I don’t have to level too much.. I’m looking at you level 22 something druid sitting untouched for months on Saurfang.
New Character models, I really can’t wait to see what Troll looks like. The changes to the model’s they showed looked amazing. I’m seriously considering changing my Night Elf Priest to a Dwarf Priest in the next expansion because the Dwarf girl model looks amazing.
There is so much I want to do before the expansion comes out and I know there’s been no release date but it’s sure to sneak up on us, so what do I really want to get through.
- Finish Pandaria loremaster. I seem to have hardly quested in a number of zones on my druid seeing I levelled mostly through running dungeons and just the starting quests of the zones so this might take a while.. note to me; next expac – actually take my time through the quests so I can see the stories.
- Do as many Pandaria achievements as possible, timeless isle, isle of thunder etc before the new zones start taking up all my time and attention
- Do Outland loremaster on my druid, I’ve never seen it from horde side and while it’s a new expansion I’d like to know as much about Outland as possible before we go back to a pre-Outland.
How great does this map look, all the familar zones renamed and re-landscaped.
- Clear out all my various guild banks of pre-mop stuff so I have lots of room for new stuff without feeling the need to make another guild bank… hording is not attractive.
- Get my remaining alts to 90 – warrior, dk, alliance druid.
- Go back and do the quests that give novelty items on an alt that hasn’t done and deleted them in the name of space saving already.. i.e. the Puntable Marmot. If there really is going to be a separate tab for novelty toys, I want them all.
I’ll have to make a big to-do list so I can update it as I go.
What’s on your list of pre-expansion goals?