I havn’t been super active in keeping up with all my blog reading and posting the last few weeks so I was super honored to find I was mentioned to take part in this by two bloggers; manatidetotem and lf1m heals. The Libester awards is award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s a great way to connect blogs. Once you get nominated by someone else, mention their page and a link to their blog in your Liebster Award Post, answer the 11 questions they give you, then tag 11 other nominees and give them a new set of 11 questions to answer.
Anyway I couldn’t decide on which set to answer, I was going to flip a coin to choose, but both sets of questions are awesome and required a little bit of thinking so I decided to answer both. Because this is going to be a really log post – I’m taking a leaf out of mr and mrs wow’s book and doing it in two parts.
First part – Lf1m Heals questions
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I really wanted to talk about wow constantly and when I found other wow blogs I decided that it looked really fun and interesting and wanted to add my thoughts out there as well.
2. What advice do you have for those wanting to start a WoW/gaming blog?
Read lots of blogs, comment on others blogs, don’t be afraid to write what you like – it’s your blog there is no right or wrong (or boring) thing to write about.
3. What’s the biggest noob mistake you recall making when you first started playing WoW?
Thinking a cave I ventured into was a dungeon and being afraid to loot a chest in there in case I was stealing someone else’s loot.
4. Besides WoW, what do you enjoy doing on your spare time?
Playing other games, knitting (not your grandma’s knitting!), crafting in general and thinking about cooking – I love to cook but I’m not a great cook and I hate cleaning up afterwards so I spend more time thinking about recipes rather than making.
5. What’s your biggest pet peeve in and out of game?
Rudeness – this carries over into gaming and RL.
6. How many years have you been playing MMOs and have you ever quit and why?
Since 2010 – mostly always wow. Never quit though I have taken breaks – usually I play another mmo for a few weeks (gw2, swtor, rift) then come back to wow.
7. If you could meet any fictional game character who would it be and why?
Sylvanas – her strength and determination is amazing.
8. How do you go about picking your character’s names?
Used to be hit the random name generator until I found a combination of letters that looked pleasing then change a few of them. Now I almost exclusively use Zeirah, Talarial or Jezria – Boring I know.
9. Of all your characters, who’s your favorite and why?
This is tricky – you would think that my favourite would be the one I think of as my main – Zeirah the druid – I do so much on her but down to simply vanity reasons – Z’s a troll and really ugly – my favourite is probably my shadow priest Talarial. She’s nearly as strong as Z in dps without anywhere near the ilvl (shows my boomy skills) and she looks great in all transmogs.
10. If you could pick one thing for Blizzard to bring back to the game, what would it be and why?
No daily cap on valor you can get from dgns.
11. What’s the one thing you wish Blizzard would implement in the game that isn’t available yet and why?
Dyes – so that my transmog can be really unique. It would also give either alchemy or inscription another fun thing for their profession.
Next post is the questions from Manatidetotem