My Shaman finally got around to taming the 6 mounts that come from the garrison stables, and then by doing the extra stables achievements she gained another 2 mounts. The extra 8 mounts meant that Z was sitting pretty close to the 200 mounts achievement which gives the Armored Red Dragonhawk as a reward. Luckily with a bit of flying around all the quartermasters I’m exalted with and spending gold I normally wouldn’t (yay for treasurehunter minions) I was able to just sneak over the line and Z got her achievement and a new mount.
Extra Mounts I rounded up
- Creeping Carpet – Tailoring (knew I was hoarding the cloth for a reason)
- Crimson Primal Direhorn – exalted with Sunreaver Onslaught
- Golden Cloud Serpent – exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent
- Amber Scorpion – exalted with the Kalaxxi
- Blonde Riding Yak – Uncle Bigpocket Kun-lai Summit
- Golden Riding Crane – exalted with Golden Lotus
- Dark Phoenix – Guild Vendor
- Thundering Cloud Serpent – Guild Vendor
- Swift Forest Strider – Darkmoon Faire (seriously lucky it was a. Darkmoon faire week and b. my monk had 155 tokens so a couple of days of dailies tipped her over the line)
- Swift Red Hawkstrider – Icecrown Tournament
- Tan Riding Camel – Exalted with Ramakahen
- Swift Purple Raptor – Icecrown Tournament
- Swift Burgundy Wolf – Icecrown Tournament
When Z was showing 199/200, buying up the final mount didn’t give the achievement. Even logging in and out wouldn’t trigger the ach to pop so I decided to be a little sneaky and try to tip the ach over by changing toons and logging onto my Paladin, hoping her extra 2 mounts might tip it over or at least force the game to realise I had bought enough mounts to qualify.. and it did.
Not really sure how they came up with “red” dragonhawk given it’s distinctly blue colour scheme but I won’t be looking a gift mount in the mouth.
Now to get the next 249 for the Felfire Hawk I’m going to have to rely on drops and maybe the last few professions mounts I haven’t made (Jewelcrafting x 4 and Engineering x 2). I think it’ll be quite a while before I see 250 mounts in my stables.