I have been saying to friends for weeks that I can’t choose if I want to be Alliance or Horde, Druid or Priest but that I’d sort it out before launch and you know, I really thought I would have chosen by now. But no, BFA goes live in less than 12 hours and I still haven’t made up my mind.
This is the first expansion in a really long time I haven’t gone into it with a dedicated raid team waiting so there’s no pressure on me to level by a specific time or main a specific class and it’s a strange feeling.
I’ve been a resto druid for so long, and all my reps are on her and she’s got all my history and I’ve done all sorts of content on her and I deliberately chose to change her to Alliance and it makes utter sense to be on my Druid but I’m hesitating. Since I came back, I’ve been spending more and more time on my priest and she’s fun and pretty but urgh I’m such a creature of habit that it feels weird and even slightly disloyal to even be considering changing toons.
After finishing Before the Storm, and reading first hand (or listening rather as I had the audio book) to Sylvanas’ evil actions and crying over her killing her own people, I swore I would never play on her side again. But that small slightly chaotic streak in me that finds Sylvanas’ actions and story a little fascinating has been watching her over the past few weeks and I think the story might be more interesting from her side. Or I could be completely wrong and I’m trying to justify a decision by using the story to try to add more weight to the pro side of being Horde on a rather unfamiliar class.
I’m a list lover, if I’m trying to choose between two paths of actions, my immediate surrounds is always littered with notes with pros/cons dotted all over them so here goes:
Pros for Priest
- Not druid, I’m sick of healing on a druid and having to pre-empt the damage and learn the fight patterns so I’m not struggling to catch up with slow hots
- I have more of the people I play with casually on Horde side so I’ll have more people to do things with
- Cloth transmog
- Golden, shiny, flashy spells and wings
Pro for Druid
- I’ve been a resto for so long, I know my Druid. She feels familiar when I log onto her and comfortable
- Kitty form, Storm crow, Stag. I love these forms so much
- Stealth! Stealth! Stealth!
- She has a gathering profession which makes money at the start of an expac
- I haven’t raided on a priest since a few brief weeks in Cata
- Shadow Priest is rubbish at the moment
In the long run it shouldn’t matter, what the last 2 years has shown me is where I begin an expansion is not where I finish one, and things can change but it still feels odd and slightly wrong to be considering starting the expansion not on my Zee Druid.
I wonder if I’ll surprise myself with my choice tomorrow.